Saturday 11 February 2012

Using the mask and crawling into the hot cramped mouse ridden ceiling

The rain and good growth has seen the mice population explode.  Our baits are working well which means lots of dead mice to get out from the farm house.  They love the warm water heater and piping. I wore my CleanSpace and crawled in, moving through and trying to remove large nests of insulation.  The smell was putrid with decaying mice and the air was thick with dust, mice hair, dried droppings...but I had clean fresh air the whole time which gave me assurance that I wasn't breathing anything horrid in. Oddly enough clean air made me feel wholly protected.  When working in hot cramped areas with poor air (even with a dust mask) - its the clean air you miss most!  The CleanSpace gave me fresh clean air and was compact enough to allow me to squeeze around and do the tricky work I needed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment